Saturday, May 28, 2011

Ladybug Fun!

My, Oh My!  I've Been Busy!  Busy Testing!

Here's A Look At Just One of Our Reading Responses From This Past Week!


We Read The Grouchy Ladybug by Eric Carle.




After reading The Grouchy Ladybug, we wrote about what makes us grouchy and why.  If you are in need of a smile, click on the photos below to enlarge the students' writings and read their responses.




Here's a simple art project that will keep your little "bugs" busy as bees!




Use an 8.5 in. x 11 in. piece of red construction paper for the body.  Demonstrate how to round the edges of the red paper.  Use an 8.5 in x 5.5 in. piece of black construction paper for the head.  Demonstrate how to round the edges of the black paper.  Glue the head on to the red paper.  To make the antennae, the children tucked two small pieces of black pipe cleaners behind the head.  Use another 8.5 in x 5.5 in. piece of black construction paper for the spots and the legs.  Attach google eyes with glue.  Add a "glitter glue" smile and let dry!


Enjoy,

5 comments:

  1. Wow! What great writers you have! Did they copy their final piece of work from a draft that you helped them edit or did they write on their own?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the ladybugs!

    http:lessonplandiva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Debbie, These photos feature independent writing. I had to smile when I read their work. I guess I have a group of kiddos who like to sleep this year! ....In addition to reading and writing! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! You are super sweet to notice their progress! ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such cute work! I hope you don't mind me asking, but can you tell me either the sources of or send me:

    the ladybug writing paper (this is adorable!!!!),
    the butterfly activity from mailbox (which issue?)
    and the frog and toad patterns to color...

    All are SO cute, thanks for sharing!!
    mcarpenter@scsk12.org

    ReplyDelete
  5. Busy Bee, I am so glad you found an activity you want to use. I will send you the items mentioned above. Enjoy! ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Don't forget your note!